Practices：WTO Law and Trade Remedies, International Trade & Compliance, International Investment
the decades, Mr. PU has acted for Chinese Government, Industrial Associations and Exporting Producers in responding to trade remedy investigations initiated by many
WTO members in the world, as well as WTO Disputes, Investment Sanctions and Compliance.
Mr. Pu was nominated by Who's Who Legal as Thought Leader of Trade Law in the Asian and Pacific Region in 2016、2017、2018、2019、2020（as TOP 3 each year）. In 2019, Mr. Pu was nominated by Aisa Legal as Lawyer of the Year in Trade Remedy of Asian Region and by the Chambers as Brand 1 in the area of International Trade Law.
- The University of Salzberg, Austria Diploma in American legal system and law
- The 21st Directorate General of the European Commission Diploma in European Law
- Free University of Brussels Master of law (LLM)
- China University of Political Science and Law Bachelor of Law
- University of International Business and Economics Bachelor of Economics
- 1984-1987, Teaching Law at the University of International Business and Economics
- 1989-2001, Senior Associate, Partner in Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly (USA), Eversheds (UK), Loeff Claeys Verbeke (Netherlands Belgium Luxembourg)
- 2002-2007, Partner in Belgium Pu & Associates
- 2007-2021, Partner in Beijing Zhonglun Law Firm
- From 2021 to Now, Partner in Chance Bridge Law Firm
Mandarin and English
WTO Dispute Settlement Proceedings
Acting for the Chinese Government as a party or a third party to participate in a variety of WTO Dispute Settlement Proceedings (European Union — Anti-Dumping Measures on Certain Footwear from China DS405; European Union — Measures Affecting Tariff Concessions on Certain Poultry Meat Products DS492; United States — Measures Affecting the Importation of Animals, Meat and Other Animal Products from Argentina DS447; Australia — Certain Measures Concerning Trademarks, Geographical Indications and Other Plain Packaging Requirements Applicable to Tobacco Products and Packaging DS434, DS435, DS441, DS458, DS467; European Union — Anti-Dumping Measures on Biodiesel from Argentina DS473; European Union — Cost Adjustment Methodologies and Certain Anti-Dumping Measures on Imports from Russia DS474; United States — Anti-Dumping Measures on Certain Shrimp from Viet Nam DS429).
Countervailing Investigation case
Acting for Chinese Government and Enterprises in responding to the investigations initiated by the European Union, the United States, Canada, Egypt and South Africa.
Trade Remedies cases
Acting for Chinese enterprises and Industry Associations in responding to the Anti-Dumping Investigation, Countervailing Investigation, Safeguard Measures and related Administrative Review procedures, including European Union, United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, India, Turkey, Pakistan, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Eurasian Economic Union, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, South Africa, Egypt, GCC (Middle East Economic Union), Taiwan.
Providing Legal Opinions on Trading Compliance for HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD., Sinopec Group, China Minmetals Corporation;
Providing Legal Opinions on Economic Sanctions for one Oil Refining enterprise in Shandong;
Research on Legal Issues of TPP-State-owned Enterprises for China Unicom.
Acting for Chinese enterprises to bring suits in General Court of European Union and Court of Justice of European Union, and getting favoured judgements for Chinese enterprises.
- The Asia Legal Awards 2019 Asian International Trade Law Annual Award (be the only Chinese lawyer who is selected)
- WWL Thought leaders 2016-2021 Top 3 International Trade Lawyers (be the only Chinese lawyer who is selected)
- The LEGAL500 2018- WTO Law/International Trade Leading lawyer
- Chambers & Partners Brand 1 Lawyer
- Chambers & Partners comments: Mr Lingchen Pu has always been recognized as an "excellent top lawyer" in the investigation of trade remedies on the exports to the EU
- 2016 Asia-Pacific Guide, Chambers & Partners "Leading lawyer"
- 2016 Legal 500 Asia pacific “Specially Recommended lawyer”
- 2016 Asialaw Profiles Recommended Lawyer
- Part-time Postgraduate Tutors, the Law School of Southwest University of Political Science & Law;
- Part-time Postgraduate Tutors, the Law School of Peking University;
- Distinguished Professor, Renmin University of China;
- Selected Lawyer, Trade Remedy Investigation Bureau of the Ministry of Commerce, Department of Treaty and Law;
- Invited Experts, China Going Global Think-Tank;
- Guest Professor, University of International Business and Economics;
Legal Periodicals and Publications
- Participating in the drafting and deliberation of the Ministry of Commerce’s Export Control Law;
- Undertaking several research projects of the Ministry of Commerce - China's proposal for WTO Anti-Dumping Agreement;
- The Impact of the WTO DSB Panel's Ruling on the "Return to Zero" of Dumping Margin on the Anti-dumping Legislation and Practice of EU and other countries - International Business;
- "Misunderstanding" of Chinese Enterprises in responding to EU Anti-dumping Market Economy Status - International Business;
- How Chinese Enterprises Respond to Anti-dumping Investigations - International Business;
- Enlightenment from the First Case of Market Economy Status – EU’s Anti-dumping Investigation on Chinese Yellow Phosphorus (Books of Minmetals Chemical Chamber of Commerce);
- The Cultivation of Lawyers' Practice and the Problems of Judicial Education in China – Fangyuan Magazine;
- Special Legal and Technical Adviser on Doha Round of World Trade Talks for Bureau of Fair Trade for Imports & Exports (BOFT)，MOFCOM （2007 – 2009）;
- The Program of MOFCOM - The Extension of EU's "Eastward Expansion" Trade Measures and the Legal Issues under the Framework of GATT;
- The Program of MOFCOM - EU Market Economy Status and WTO Law;
- The Program of MOFCOM – Anti-Dumping Review Investigation: a Comparative Study of EU and WTO Laws;
- The State Administration of Commodity Inspection Monitors the Export Technical Standards of Chinese Products and the "CE" Mark;
- Participating in the Research Report on the process of China's Market Economy Status entrusted by the Ministry of Commerce and the Institute of Economics of Beijing Normal University;
- EU Anti-Dumping Law - Procedure Guide, Responding skills and Attorney's Strategy, Published by Law Press, 2007;